The Art of Seeing - Poetry Course
The Square, Shrewsbury, SY1 1HL
About this event
Writing poetry in response to art with prize winning poet and novelist Sharon Ashton, member of Bridgnorth Writers and founder of Artwrite.
Come and take a closer look at the museum collection, in this 2 week course, Sharon will guide you through the process of revealing more than meets the eye, making use of creative writing techniques in the form of poetry, inspired by your experience at the museum.
- Group introductions and outline of course.
- Explore the history of ekphrastic poetry (poems written in response to art), with examples from Homer to contemporary poets.
- Explore definitions of 'art'
- Initial walk round SM&AG to look for inspiration
- Relationship between writing and art
- How do we 'see'
- Poetic forms/ free verse/rhyme
- Feedback on any poems written by group